Wednesday, September 12, 2007

10 Years From Now...

hmm...this is a very thought provoking subject. I guess I have given it thought, but only in random conversations or while daydreaming contemplating what I really want to do with my life.
Ten years from now, I will be in my early 30's - 33 to be exact. After graduating in May, I basically have two options: more schooling or working. I have yet to make up my mind about this matter as of right now, but hope to do so soon!
Option 1: School. When speaking of school, I have another two options: getting my fifth year degree in Architecture or getting my Master's degree. If I decide to get my fifth year degree, that will allow me to get a professional license degree instead of going to grad school for my Master's of Architecture. But, I want to get my Master's degree in Real Estate Development, so most likely I will be going somewhere - maybe even Clemson - to fulfill that degree!
Option 2: Work. Before jumping right into the beginning of my career, I am hoping to have a little time off. Somehow, someway, I would like to have the money to be able to travel! I have never been to Europe, so that is one goal I want to accomplish before I die - hopefully before having kids! After traveling, I want to get a job (obviously) and work for a while - only a couple years or so - before eventually going back to school to complete my Master's. So, either way I want to go back to school; either now or later.
Eventually after getting my Master's, its family time!! I am not opposed to getting married before finally being done with school, but I definitely want to wait until my wife (lucky girl, I know!!) and I have steady jobs before having kids! I want to own a house - even if only a starter home - for my family and I to inhabit. I hope to have two kids or so, with at least one boy! I am sure my wife will have all of this figured out for me, haha! Basically, by my early thirties I hope to have a wonderful family and be well into my career! I hope to be working hard and be very successful early in my career so I can at least be 'climbing the ladder' on my way to either being a partner or owning my own firm!!

No comments: